Who is a Landlord?
A person who rents out a land, building or accommodation is known as a lawyer. They are known for renting lodgings, boarding houses, properties and pubs.
Who is a tenant?
A person who occupies the land or property or accommodation as rented by the landlord is known as a tenant.
Who is a lawyer?
A person who practices or studies law and provides services that require lawful attention and proceedings is known as a lawyer.
Understanding landlord tenant lawyer concept
A landlord tenant lawyer is one who concentrates in the lawful questions arising out of a property that is rented by the landlord to the tenant and services every lawful issues and proceedings related to the same.
Role of a Landlord Tenant lawyer NYC:-
- Drafting of the lease contract
- Handling a dislodgment
- Possession claims including those that are brought under the enhanced possession practice
- Proceedings that fall outside the enhanced possession practice
- Defense and counter claims by tenants
- Warrants and application to stay eviction
- Handling charge dispute
How to find the best lawyers?
Landlord Tenant lawyer NYC is a tricky thing to find out. These simple guidelines may help to find a lawyer easily.
- Using State and local resources
- Online lawyer services
- Referral from other lawyers
- Meeting the lawyers before giving the work.
- Asking questions to understand the prospective of the services that may be expected
What are the kinds of disputes that the landlord tenant lawyer may handle?
Here is a quick look at the kind of disputes the landlord tenant may have and the lawyer may be required to handle.
- Accommodation Charges
- Home maintenance cost
- Lease violations
- Rent control issues
- Non primary accommodation
- Overpricing of rent
These are the common disputes and a skilled lawyer should be well responsive to these disputes to know what exactly need to be done to close the case.