Infographic created by The Leventhal Firm
But when you’re going to hire a criminal defense lawyer, you shouldn’t just hire the first one that comes along your way. Ask the following questions before you make a decision:
- Do they have a license to practice in your state?
- Have they had any experience defending other criminal cases?
- What kind of personal and professional background do they have?
- Does the attorney make you feel safe and secure about opening up to them?
- What does your instinct tell you about trusting the attorney?
- Are they fees reasonable and can you afford it?
- What are their previous clients saying about them?
- Does the attorney specialize in criminal law?
- Does the attorney seem passionate about your case?
Need more help in hiring a criminal defense lawyer? Make sure you read the infographic on Top 9 Things to Look For When Hiring a Criminal Defense Lawyer.